Back to all posts
Eye See... Eye Learn
Eye See... Eye Learn is a free program available to all Kindergarten students. Comprehensive exams are provided free by Alberta Health, and if a child requires glasses the members of the Alberta Association of Optometrists provide a pair free of charge.
- Eye See . . . Eye Learn is a program for kindergarten-aged children. Any child who has a comprehensive eye exam by a doctor of optometry and requires eye glasses will be provided with a free pair.
- No forms are necessary, just book an appointment with your optometrist and tell them you would like to take part in Eye See . . . Eye Learn.
- Alberta Health covers the cost of comprehensive eye exams for all children in the province until age 18.
- The program was developed by the Alberta Association of Optometrists to help children reach their full potential.
- 25 per cent of children in Alberta begin grade one with an undiagnosed vision or eye health problem, which can interfere with their ability to learn.
- 80 per cent of learning is visual, which make having a comprehensive eye exam an important start to a child’s learning journey.
Find an Optometrist in your area to schedule an appointment for your child today.