The mission of the school council is to work with the school community to enrich our students quality of education in a caring environment that promotes life-long learning.
The IREC School Council meets the first Tuesday of every month at 7:00 pm in the staff room at the school.
October 3, 2017
November 7, 2017
January 9, 2018
February 6, 2018
March 6, 2018
April 10, 2018 (second Tuesday)
May 1, 2018
The Role of the School Council:
Consult with the principal to ensure students have opportunities to meet Ministry standards, fiscal management is sound and the community’s expectations are taken into consideration during school-based planning.
- Advise the principal and the school board.
- Consult with other school councils and provincial organizations.
- Communicate information to the school community.
- Focus on the best interests of all students.
What School Councils are Not:
It is important to be mindful, that as with all partners in education, there are limits to the work that can be done by a school council.
Roles that are not to be taken on by a school council include:
- School governance
- Employment issues
- School management
- Listening to complaints
- It is not the primary role of school councils to fundraise or lobby.
The membership of the School Council shall consist of the following:
- Parents of students enrolled in Iron Ridge Elementary Campus
- Principal of the school
- Teachers of the school
- Community Liaison
For more information contact Maureen Schlemko - Principal at 403.885.4646.