Wolf Creek Public Schools is pleased to offer a pre-kindergarten program, for three and four year old children, called Bright Futures Play Academy. In our community of Blackfalds this program is housed in the Iron Ridge Elementary Campus.
WHY ATTEND THIS PROGRAM?
Children served by early years programming at Bright Futures Play Academy will have the opportunity: to acquire, create, connect, and communicate through experiential learning and purposeful, balanced play, focused on experiencing multiple literacies through rich inclusive learning environments.
These programs are designed for both children with a variety of skills and needs. Regular early entrance students are accepted as well as children with specific needs.
When considering a program for your age 3 or 4 child, reflect on these questions:
- Does my child have a limited vocabulary? Struggle with expressing thoughts? Have difficulty understanding?
- Would my child benefit from positive interaction with others?
- Is the primary language spoken at home something other than English?
- Does my child appear to have advanced literacy skills?
- Do I want my child to have an opportunity to learn with other children in a stimulating learning environment that prepares them for kindergarten?
If you answered yes to one or more of these questions, you should explore registration in the Bright Futures Play Academy.
“If we wait to intervene until children are in school or even adults, we miss out on the most promising opportunities to create better outcomes for our children. This means that investing wisely in those first five years of life will yield a wide range of dividends for our collective benefit.”
(Alberta Health and Wellness, Office of the Chief Medical Officer of Health © 2011 Government of Alberta Let’s Talk About the Early Years)
"The boys have made huge improvements in your program and class.
I was on the fence at the beginning because I thought 3 was too young but it has
been the best experience for them and us as parents."
Jennifer and Lanny M.