Welcome to Kindergarten
We are delighted to welcome your child to Kindergarten
Starting school is an exciting time for your child. Our school provides a rich learning environment for all children to learn and grow. In the Kindergarten program your child will build a strong foundation for learning in a safe and caring play based environment. At Iron Ridge Elementary Campus we provide an every day, half day program to support your child's learning.
The primary goals of the Kindergarten program are:
- to become independent
- to become critical & creative thinkers
- to increase physical skills & well-being; motor skills & coordination
- to develop literacy & numeracy
At IREC students attend ½ day everyday.
This specialized, researched-based programming provides students a daily nurturing environment that:
- Consistently provides opportunities for building relationships
- Promotes development at a pace appropriate to each individual child
- Maximizes learning and emotional regulation
- Allows children to maintain attention, focus and energy for the entire program
- Consistent work on concepts and positive behaviours for lifelong learning
- Supports a strong foundation for literacy & numeracy learning
Play is Serious Business for Children
It performs many functions & has many effects on child development such as developing:
Planning skills Language Concentration
Empathy Impulse-control Relationships
Self-regulation Creativity Inquiry
Problem-solving Sharing Respect
Kindergarten Frequently Asked Questions
Iron Ridge Elementary Campus continues to accept registrations for the 2017-18 school year. Please refer to our registration page for forms and additional information.
1. When will registration start for next year?
Registration for 2018/19 will open on January 8, 2018 ONLINE and January 19, 2018 you may come to the school and register if you would prefer.
2. How old does my child have to be to attend Kindergarten?l
Your child needs to be 5 years of as of December 31st of the year they start Kindergarten.
3. Is there a limit to how may students the school can take?
Class size under 20 is ideal for early learning. We will accept all students within our catchment area. We will determine how many classes are needed to accommodate the number of students who have registered.
4. Is there a Pre-Kindergarten program offered?
Yes. Pre- Kindergarten is offered in our building, though Bright Futures Play Academy.
5. What are the class days/times?
Morning classes are: Monday-Friday 8:07-11:00
Afternoon classes are: Monday-Friday 11:50-2:40
Click HERE for Wolf Creek Public Schools transportation.
Click HERE for before, mid-day & after school care/transportation options.